Lotus Elise - lock does not open anymore (mechanically)

Elise S1, S2 & S3, Exige S1, S2 & S3, 340R & 2-Eleven
Ook Opel Speedster, Vauxhall VX220 & Tesla Roadster
Plaats reactie
Mipi
Naam: Michèle
Auto: Lotus Elise 220 Cup

Lotus Elise - lock does not open anymore (mechanically)

Bericht door Mipi »

Hi,
I’ve got a power switch on my Lotus Elise, so to save battery power I cut the power off about 8 days ago. When I wanted to open the car yesterday the lock did no longer open mechanically (using key & lock). It is now impossible for me to get into my car to reconnect the power and/or to start it. :(
I assume it must be a mecanical problem on the lock, but how do I solve it? :idea:
Thank you for your help.
Michèle
I think that cars today are almost the exact equivalent of the great Gothic cathedrals; I mean the supreme creation of an era, conceived with passion by unknown artists, and consumed in image if not in usage by a whole population which appropriates them as a purely magical object.
― Roland Barthes, Mythologies
Erwin
Naam: Euh ... Erwin
Auto: Elise S CR, Donk D8

Re: Lotus Elise - lock does not open anymore (mechanically)

Bericht door Erwin »

Do you have electricity on the car?

Otherwise, when you open your service panel at the front, you can connect a batterycharger and see whether it helps to open the door with the remote control.

On the S3, it isn't possible anymore to open the door by key. It works only when you didn't lock with the central locking but by key. So, once locked with central locking, you need to unlock with central locking.
I don't have a carbon footprint - I drive everywhere.
Plaats reactie